The Empire of Palemonid is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Palemon with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.365 billion Palemonidians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vilnius. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Palemonidian economy, worth 176 trillion Litas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 129,272 Litas, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves, and kissing cousins produce the heartiest babies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Palemonid's national animal is the Stork, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Palemonid's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Palemonid's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Palemonid's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Palemonid was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Palemonid ceased to exist in Europe.
- : Palemonid was endorsed by The Democratic Junta of Burvenchkaht.
- : Palemonid was endorsed by The Crown Princedom of Hessinau.
- : Palemonid was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Nyvunnland.
- : Palemonid was endorsed by The Social Liberal Democracy of Kaspinia.
- : Palemonid was endorsed by The Celtic Land of Nghymru.