|Leader||Reinhard von Lohengramm|
The Republic of Ostroban is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Reinhard von Lohengramm with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, free-roaming dinosaurs, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 4.9 billion Ostrobanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ostyn. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Ostrobanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,359 trillion osts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 277,461 osts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, school football matches are usually five-a-side, rumour has it Reinhard von Lohengramm needs a calculator to multiply ten by ten, and with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof. Crime is totally unknown. Ostroban's national animal is the Seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ostroban was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Northwest Isles.
- : Ostroban was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, rumour has it Reinhard von Lohengramm needs a calculator to multiply ten by ten.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, school football matches are usually five-a-side.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, being dead no longer has any benefits.
- : Ostroban was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Chronus.
- : Ostroban endorsed The Federation of Ausvelt.
- : Following new legislation in Ostroban, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Arbere, Rary, North of Americas, Berlin and Hanover, Eco-Paris Reformation, Gorzi, Meropis, Northern German Federation, Dabarastan, Kalebo, Invernessia, Thracia Republic, Eppur, Thracia and Crimea, Imperium Anglorum, Kanokla, GanymedEuropa, The Champions League, Yahlia, Jim the Baptist, Elisabethshagen, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Irminsulia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Zelenskraine, Canes-Visela, Agausia, Walfo, Anglinia, Corsoaua, United States of Russia1, St Scarlett, Russkaya Svoboda, Nghymru, Burvenchkaht, Kaspinia, Dark Matter, Nardin, Gliesetonia, Nyvunnland, Armbruster, Regnum Italiae, Greater Morvonia, Hessinau, Galicia-Podolia, Jahass, Apabeossie, Polis Ortigia, Ausvelt, Chronus, and 1 other.Northwest Isles.