The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 78 is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.695 billion Oaks 78ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 78ian economy, worth 741 trillion planets a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 110,791 planets, with the richest citizens earning 7.7 times as much as the poorest.
University graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts, major boxing matches are held in government buildings, kids looking for shark teeth have become ancient history, and most ambassadors from Oaks 78 retire only a few years after being appointed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 78's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 78's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Oaks 78 relocated from Schlesierland to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 78 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 78's influence in Schlesierland rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Oaks 78 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 78 became WA Delegate of Schlesierland.
- : Oaks 78's influence in Schlesierland rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 78 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Schlesierland.
- : Oaks 78 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor L.
- : Oaks 78 was endorsed by The Federation of Radiant Sword 80.