|Capital||a Spandex Factory|
|Faith||The Tickling of Strangers|
The Pataphysical Mothman of Nova Vandalia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by George Tirebiter with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.62 billion Velociraptors love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of a Spandex Factory. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The very strong Funky economy, worth 228 trillion socks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 87,339 socks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cities in Nova Vandalia declare independence based on interpretation of the historic meaning of cave paintings, smoking is banned in public areas, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and referenda are held for every conceivable government action. Crime is totally unknown. Nova Vandalia's national animal is the Yam, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Tickling of Strangers.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Vandalia was endorsed by The Republic of Jungian.
- : Nova Vandalia endorsed The Allied States of Eravon.
- : Nova Vandalia was endorsed by The Allied States of Eravon.
- : Nova Vandalia lodged a message on the Karma Regional Message Board.
- : Nova Vandalia withdrew its endorsement from The Traveling Tako Truck of Takura.
- : Nova Vandalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Nova Vandalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Nova Vandalia was endorsed by The Rengime of Malachor XII.
- : Following new legislation in Nova Vandalia, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Nova Vandalia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 28 » You Should See Me in a Crown, Mattielandia, Chicken Tenderland, Reveil, Takura, Kryska, Suomalainem, Rathanur, Tambreland, Codeineland, New Lablerith, Kayestha, Orcaster, Tatkovina, Takh Avros, Erroria, Kinkylia, Ranido, The Sunflower Fields, Netritia, Levont, -terraformed Mars-, Invicta Gavinlandia, Laniron, IB Larioth, Malachor XII, Eravon, and Jungian.