The Most Serene Republic of North Lanval is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 346 million North Lanvalians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Education are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.4%.
The strong North Lanvalian economy, worth 15.4 trillion florins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 44,365 florins, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 285,941 per year while the poor average 2,781, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. North Lanval's national animal is the horse, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Lanval's influence in Jafazia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : North Lanval's influence in Jafazia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : North Lanval's influence in Jafazia rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : North Lanval lodged a message on the Jafazia Regional Message Board.
- : North Lanval relocated from Osiris to Jafazia.
- : North Lanval's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : North Lanval's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : North Lanval's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : North Lanval relocated from The Cult of PCHS to Osiris.
- : North Lanval's influence in The Cult of PCHS rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".