|Animal||flying vampire kangaroo|
The Green Magpies of Nanualele is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leiailani with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 5.219 billion Nanualeleites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halema'uma'u. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 87.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Nanualeli economy, worth 464 trillion Excesses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Basket Weaving, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 89,097 Excesses, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 275,954 per year while the poor average 22,163, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Ponies working in the nation's salt mines have a life expectancy of weeks (Nanualele has found 8 easter eggs), parents dread their examinations more than their children, homosexuality has been banned to prevent the spread of homosexuality, and research grant proposals read like political diatribes. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Nanualele's national animal is the flying vampire kangaroo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nanualele's influence in Karma rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, research grant proposals read like political diatribes.
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, homosexuality has been banned to prevent the spread of homosexuality.
- : Nanualele lodged a message on the Karma Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, parents dread their examinations more than their children.
- : Nanualele was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 5% for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, ponies working in the nation's salt mines have a life expectancy of weeks (Nanualele has found 8 easter eggs).
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, the nation's diplomats shake hands with those whose hands are drenched in the blood of innocents.
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, the phrase "you might think that but I couldn't possibly comment" is the closest you'll get to a straight answer from Nanualeli politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Nanualele, foreign leaders are advising that Leiailani's letters must have gotten lost in the mail.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Co-Dairy, Altino, Aeraven, Femcia, The Litterbox, Ghad, Kayestha, Boston Harbor, Bridgett, Coliantia, Takh Avros, New Lablerith, Eshington, Lys Deks Rahry, Antarctic SARNZ, The New Bengal Dynasty, Sostenad, Jonlantis, Maksim land, Rathanur, Imperium of Josh, Nationary, Tevaris, Chicken Tenderland, Pinu, New Morsland, Gosline, Dictatorship Union, ReBob, REPUBLIC OF GORKHA, Zakronia, Empresa, Seatedoniskarchostopia, The Grand Taco, The Moroccan Kingdom, Bel Falas, Kurtwal, Pekichow, Dankerian Republic, Unitarian Universalism, Laniron, and The German unity of nigeria.