|Capital||Great Red Wolf|
The Confederacy of Messeroids is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 416 million Messeroidians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Red Wolf. The average income tax rate is 76.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Messeroidsian economy, worth 40.3 trillion Ossa gaudiums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 96,803 Ossa gaudiums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, and new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Messeroids's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Messeroids was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Pacifist.
- : Messeroids was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Larger Green Plants.
- : Messeroids endorsed The United Soviet States of Flying-Penguins.
- : Following new legislation in Messeroids, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Messeroids, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Messeroids, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in Messeroids, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : Following new legislation in Messeroids, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Messeroids voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Messeroids voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
Endorsements Received: 24 » Halsoni, Shamian, 104 Partisans, Sodoran Alesia, Nogorod, The Movion, The Steephills, LolModia, Arpol, Kethania, Old Corus, Socialist Balkon, Soviet State of Covernant, Free Lux Arthur, The Transmanian Islands, Repolaa, Socialist Heronia, Jus Publicum Europaeum, Carrico, 4D Donkeys, Comuny, Varomilla, Flying-Penguins, and Larger Green Plants.