The Tidal Force Puppet of Melix is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The quiet, industrious population of 722 million Melixians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Melixian economy, worth 15.7 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration. Average income is 21,710 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, military spending recently hit a new high, and advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Melix's national animal is the decoy, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Melix's influence in The Global Union Consortium rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Melix resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Melix's influence in The Global Union Consortium rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Melix's influence in The Global Union Consortium rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Melix's influence in The Global Union Consortium rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Melix endorsed The Empire of Novum Orientis.
- : Melix relocated from Japan to The Global Union Consortium.
- : Melix's influence in Japan rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Melix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Melix was endorsed by The Colony of Japan Guardian.