The Socialist Republic of Malev is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Bing Cziling with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.169 billion Malvines enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tara Amarta. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Malvin economy, worth 735 trillion Amartas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,253 Amartas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, and there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Malvin grocery store. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malev's national animal is the Tauki Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Malev, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Malvin grocery store.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, Malvines are fixin' ta comma any way they wanna.
- : Malev was endorsed by The Prosperous Land of Kethania.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Malev, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Comuny, Jus Publicum Europaeum, Soviet Felines, FlyLands, Manchukurun, Newlbania, Carrico, Huelistan, Flying-Penguins, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Ganjallia, Canadian Democratic Republics, Borealian Communes, Proletariana, Nal Fares, Green Briar, Exania, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Democratic-Socialists, Puaco, and Kethania.