The Queendom of Luighne is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.041 billion Luighneans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The strong Luighnean economy, worth 698 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 69,566 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 472,965 per year while the poor average 3,737, a ratio of 126 to 1.
The tenet of free speech is held dear and voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Luighne's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luighne's influence in Crimea rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Luighne's influence in Crimea rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Luighne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Luighne was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Luighne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Luighne's influence in Crimea rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Luighne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Luighne's influence in Crimea rose from "Newcomer" to "Vassal".
- : Luighne relocated from Balder to Crimea.
- : Luighne was refounded in Balder.