|Animal||Marco Polo Sheep|
The Republic of Kuhistani Badakhshan is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its public floggings, avant-garde cinema, and devotion to social welfare. The devout population of 281 million Kuhistani Badakhshanis are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Kuhistani Badakhshanian economy, worth 8.11 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Retail. Average income is 28,846 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Newspapers are celebrating Leader saving over a million cats from trees, untold millions of rubles are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, and politicians look weirdly alike. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kuhistani Badakhshan's national animal is the Marco Polo Sheep, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan altered its national flag.
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "sidebar test" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "The Office of the President of the Council of State" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "office" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "test" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "Kuhistani Badakhshan Overview" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Kuhistani Badakhshan published "Strategic Rocket Forces" (Factbook: Military).
- : Following new legislation in Kuhistani Badakhshan, politicians look weirdly alike.
- : Following new legislation in Kuhistani Badakhshan, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.