|Leader||Supreme Leader Lumine Tartaglia|
|Animal||Kentucky fried chicken|
The Extraterrestrial Empire of Kanpekina Shima is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Lumine Tartaglia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.682 billion Shimen are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Klorima. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Shiman economy, worth 484 trillion screts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 103,385 screts, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Jury selection begins with explaining what a jury is, some Shimen have nicknamed the monarch "Caligula", those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads, and unruly children often visit adult websites when angry with their parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kanpekina Shima's national animal is the Kentucky fried chicken, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nordic Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanpekina Shima was endorsed by The Republic of Card Kingdom.
- : Kanpekina Shima was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- : Kanpekina Shima was endorsed by The Not so much Grumpy Colony of Sunto.
- : Kanpekina Shima voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Kanpekina Shima voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Kanpekina Shima voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Kanpekina Shima, unruly children often visit adult websites when angry with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Kanpekina Shima, those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads.
- : Following new legislation in Kanpekina Shima, some Shimen have nicknamed the monarch "Caligula".
- : Following new legislation in Kanpekina Shima, jury selection begins with explaining what a jury is.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Koda-Land, Guer Aike, El Fiji Grande, Rising Sakura, Venicea, Aerilia, Svenskskit, Omnistria, Hamerica, Orado, Ethnon, Planes, Selfgradatude, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, East Akra, Shibutani, Corfad, North Bratislava, Tringapore, Eternal Dominion, Palgo, Bankowiata, Ellbonnia, Bearical, Yaorozu, Zzozona, Seanat, Outer Shenendoah, Hardscrabble, The Rhein States, Former English Colony, Darsabi, Territorio di Nessuno, Interdimensional Zone, Pazair, Lulubellia, Empy, Francois Isidore, Bharathvarsh, Dabarastan, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Loutsland, New Celoveniortan, Dar es Saalam, ForestMythal, Que Lukustinardon, Pallaith, New Lakemba, Wilkshire, and 18 others.Climeria, ROM, Kranostav, Votak Matim, Notyoutopia, AmManies, Illusia and Neverendia, Republica Guilleana, Capablanca, Siwale, The Calabash Protectorate, Praeceps, Cretox State, Xagill, Tyirza, Sunto, Lionia, and Card Kingdom.