|Animal||What's an animal|
The Empire of Jystopia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Joey with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.49 billion Jystopians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Healthcare and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Canyon. The average income tax rate is 4.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Jystopian economy, worth 229 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Retail, Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 92,361 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment, it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles, the comic book series 'Joey and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Jystopia's national animal is the What's an animal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Joeyism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jystopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Jystopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Jystopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jystopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jystopia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Jystopia ceased to exist in The Communist Bloc.
- : Jystopia's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Jystopia, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Jystopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Jystopia, the comic book series 'Joey and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.