The Republic of Jrawa is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Edmond Haroche with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.951 billion Jrawans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Semien. The average income tax rate is 38.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Jrawan economy, worth 222 trillion shekels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,351 shekels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and war criminals are given full state funerals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jrawa's national animal is the lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jrawa, war criminals are given full state funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Jrawa, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Jrawa was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Jrawa, ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses.
- : Following new legislation in Jrawa, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Jrawa's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Jrawa altered its national flag.
- : Jrawa relocated from Osiris to Western Atlantic.
- : Jrawa was refounded in Osiris.
- : Jrawa ceased to exist in Western Atlantic.