The Constitutional Republic of Jontum is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ramsey with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.732 billion Jontumians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Healthcare, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jontumheim. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Jontumian economy, worth 728 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 127,139 Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 505,286 per year while the poor average 21,576, a ratio of 23.4 to 1.
Reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians, rumor has it that Ramsey has won three lotteries in a row, meat-eating is frowned upon, and kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents. Crime is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Jontum's national animal is the Rattlesnake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jontum lost WA Delegate status in Pontbridge Islands.
- : Jontum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Jontum approved the World Assembly proposal "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in Jontum, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Jontum, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Jontum, rumor has it that Ramsey has won three lotteries in a row.
- : Following new legislation in Jontum, reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians.
- : Jontum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Jontum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Jontum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens, the Top 5% for Highest Wealthy Incomes, and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
Endorsements Received: None.