The Sultanate of Jazur is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its public floggings, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 393 million Jazuris are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asumeli. The average income tax rate is 74.3%.
The Jazuri economy, worth 20.8 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 52,878 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, an iron curtain has descended around the nation, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Refugia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jazur's national animal is the camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jazur, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Refugia.
- : Following new legislation in Jazur, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully'.
- : Jazur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Jazur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
- : Jazur was endorsed by The State of Teiya.
- : Jazur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Jazur was endorsed by The Republic of Windermeria.
- : Jazur lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Jazur was endorsed by The Republic of Kova.
- : Jazur was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Dimm-A-Land.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Sylh Alanor, Liphia, Floofybit, The Pacific Northwest, Melenavenia, Vikoland, Tiralta, Michis, Araine, Crialdenna, Portmanteau, Remnants of the Pacific, Aephony, Junitaki-cho, Nangka, Fel Vudos, The Star Enpire, Jacobs, Duneraven, Kaltea, Ladita, Desenteres, Sinya Arda, Narwhal, Tovenia, Haibaria, Rosadeu, Uitmuntendheid, Salzar, Porthosia, New Pi-Ramesses, Typica, Inaros OPA, Nekhuser-Ra, Nottinghaven, Denimz, New Filippe, St Leone, Tralfamdore, Delta Vega IV, Cotha Gab, Mystyn, Caretakers and Clockwatchers, Arin Graliandre, Bobesville-Sholstine, Adawu, Parvesha, Orangino, Lassistan, Istastioner, and 18 others.New Ras, Talmon, Libeenes, Ameth, Serilussark, Whitanchir, Alabastapunk, Froler, Mel7746, Cadenzana, Michelland, Targis, ZaBruhMoment Of Vehemesht, Neo Seych, Dimm-A-Land, Kova, Windermeria, and Teiya.