The Free Land of Jacobs is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 617 million Jacobsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jacobston. The average income tax rate is 82.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Jacobsian economy, worth 49.7 trillion doubloons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is 80,572 doubloons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Jacobs has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, much of Jacobs's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, and Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Jacobston to enjoy their national art. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Jacobs's national animal is the fossa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jacobs, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Jacobston to enjoy their national art.
- : Following new legislation in Jacobs, much of Jacobs's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Jacobs was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Imperial Union of Vandermeer.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The People's Republic of Talkeetna.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Republic of Slavalenia.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Powesaria.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Federation of Oneironn.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of People Who Cant Read Good.
- : Jacobs was endorsed by The Free Land of Socalist Nation of Pasta.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Sylh Alanor, Junitaki-cho, Floofybit, Araine, The Pacific Northwest, Typica, Melenavenia, Liphia, Tiralta, Michis, Vikoland, Portmanteau, Caretakers and Clockwatchers, Delta Vega IV, Sinya Arda, Fel Vudos, Whitanchir, Aephony, Androgyn, New Filippe, St Leone, Nottinghaven, Nekhuser-Ra, The Star Enpire, Duneraven, Kaltea, New Pi-Ramesses, Crabani, Ladita, Porthosia, Roseven, Talmon, The Bengal Region, Nangka, Bobesville-Sholstine, Inaros OPA, Tovenia, Denimz, Haibaria, Polushia, Yondoria, Far Anoglinlan, Targis, Lassistan, Melior Mundi, Jazur, Crialdenna, LifeisaCakewalk, Narwhal, Rosadeu, and 65 others.Uitmuntendheid, Tralfamdore, Alabastapunk, Parvesha, Letargia, Istastioner, Getshitdoneistan, Libeenes, New Ras, Ameth, Cadenzana, Aumbura, Waywards Edge, Trattativa, Parklina, Kova, Mel7746, Markerica, Southern Skane, ZaBruhMoment of Vehemesht, Dimm-A-Land, Neo Seych, Huliunov, Amiyoka, Teiya, Itdepends, Etanistania, Refuge Isle, Vandlektam, Inner Arand Larsivex, Cyparissa, Bonyolult, Kcanobia, Atrellia, Skivv, Venland, The Isomarderes, Joe Gatto 2, The Land Named Bob, Liber Communes, Simpsonia, New Odessey, Phoenexium, Honlan, Severnland, Serilussark, Fiverdom, Nea republica, Secret Skies, Mallard, Jagtopia, Ullrani, Serrande, Journia, Chatula, West Aralks, Erie-Arcadia of Wombats, Prodigal, Socalist Nation of Pasta, People Who Cant Read Good, Oneironn, Powesaria, Slavalenia, Talkeetna, and Vandermeer.