The Queen's State of Iccos is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 10.278 billion Iccosians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Iccosian economy, worth 42.2 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,103 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Harry Potter books are banned, a nation-wide cull of deer is in effect, military spending is on the increase, and Iccos has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iccos's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iccos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Iccos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Iccos's influence in Massachusetts rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Iccos relocated from Purgatory to Massachusetts.
- : Iccos's influence in Purgatory rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".