|Leader||CEO Matthias Müller|
The Nomadic Volkswagen Beetles of Herby is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by CEO Matthias Müller with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.756 billion Herbys have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Industry, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Autobahn. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Herbyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,678 trillion gas pedals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 122,033 gas pedals, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 377,382 per year while the poor average 30,424, a ratio of 12.4 to 1.
Census workers are having a hard time figuring out who is actually living in Herby after the ban on emigration was lifted, people accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall, and everyone hates people who encourage hate. Crime is well under control. Herby's national animal is the flat tire, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Herby's influence in Vladivostok rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Herby's influence in Vladivostok rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Herby's influence in Vladivostok rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Herby lodged a message on the Vladivostok Regional Message Board.
- : Herby relocated from Weffle to Vladivostok.
- : Herby's influence in Weffle rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Herby's influence in Weffle rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Herby's influence in Weffle rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Herby lodged a message on the Weffle Regional Message Board.
- : Herby relocated from Westminster to Weffle.