The Republic of Hellbardia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shogun with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 5.366 billion Hellbardians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frost City. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hellbardian economy, worth 988 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 184,210 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts, and beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hellbardia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hellbardia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Woogus.
- : Following new legislation in Hellbardia, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in Hellbardia, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Hellbardia, the "temporary replacement bus service" is now a permanent fixture.
- : Hellbardia endorsed The 21 Billion S O B's of FASTERCAT.
- : Hellbardia endorsed The Federation of The Chryso Capitalism Society.
- : Hellbardia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Hellbardia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
- : Hellbardia was endorsed by The 21 Billion S O B's of FASTERCAT.
- : Hellbardia was endorsed by The Federation of The Chryso Capitalism Society.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Snorlaxia, UNDelegate, Arbonium, Octal, Republica JIM, Zenzibar, Sheepcote, Luciferio, Kaputer, Egoistic Markets, Neo-Spanish Empire, Bel Cairo, The Chryso Capitalism Society, FASTERCAT, and Woogus.