|Faith||The Church of Havenwelle|
The Grand Republic of Havenwelle is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Kevin Burke with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.5 billion Havenwelleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Haven. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Havenwellean economy, worth a remarkable 3,428 trillion Havs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 221,191 Havs, with the richest citizens earning 8.5 times as much as the poorest.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, cheese lovers have a case of the bleus, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale, and forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havenwelle's national animal is the Brittany Spaniel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Havenwelle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, forty-year-old men are asked for their ID before watching the latest pony cartoon movies.
- : Havenwelle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, supermarkets must refund spoilt milk even six months after the sale.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, cheese lovers have a case of the bleus.
- : Havenwelle endorsed The Socialist Empire of Tsiamuns Velleniouss.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, the environment is gorgeous so long as you're looking up.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Brickfield, Pirataria, Yugarritia, United Kingdoms of Redania, Almendron, Polgaria, Poquaoi, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Katkasistan, P0ptr0pica, Geektopia, Ganud, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, The Lost Men, Akeland, Tital Mania, Tarkovinia, Greatnessity City, The Zombay, Deliber, Voxum Mortalum, Paulotzia, Estingberg, Samuelstani, Cato2, Spartacistan, Turpotia, United-Marrshmallows, Astrellan, Gemeinschaftsland, Stefoland, Land of Bobtopia, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, Cutias, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Freeeee, and 28 others.Zecklandia, Cultursus, Unidoria, The Militarist States of America, South Parter, Enuroland, Thice Frostalt, Dead Warrior Daddy, Murden, Skyhawk Clan, Kurvix, Kiatland, Selgary, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Freelandy, Aevana, Prov, Decnotixa, Pland Adanna, Votokia, Penlopa, Northeastern Italian, Primorye Oblast, Steium, Purple Ruthenia, Baobab-Bumbaria, and Tsiamuns Velleniouss.