The Socialist Federation of Gaustria is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 743 million Gaustrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waffen's Kapitänia. The average income tax rate is 29.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gaustrinic economy, worth 35.1 trillion Erins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is 47,234 Erins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
A nickname of "Doctor Death" probably indicates a decorated war hero, the armed forces pride themselves on being conventional and predictable, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, and being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gaustria's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gaustria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Gaustria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Following new legislation in Gaustria, being Leader has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Gaustria, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Gaustria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : Gaustria was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Gaustria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Historical Founderless Region Preservation Act ".
- : Gaustria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
- : Gaustria endorsed The Empire of The Lost Domain.
- : Gaustria was endorsed by The Empire of The Lost Domain.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Felix Femboi, Friskalandia, Bassiliya, Aquastareite, Poriturand, Peraro Krotoik, Zuzek, Bracadun, Eldiastan, Nokoroth, The Greater Germanica Imperium, Hantariel, and The Lost Domain.