The Republic of GaucherLand is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 417 million GaucherLandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 24.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong GaucherLandian economy, worth 22.2 trillion bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,164 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. GaucherLand's national animal is the Komodo Dragon , which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GaucherLand was endorsed by The Republic of Sunsistan.
- : GaucherLand was endorsed by The United Serb states of BTProductions.
- : GaucherLand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Western Isles"".
- : Following new legislation in GaucherLand, politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back.
- : GaucherLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : GaucherLand was endorsed by Hickory hampton.
- : Following new legislation in GaucherLand, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- : Following new legislation in GaucherLand, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in GaucherLand, anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins.
- : Following new legislation in GaucherLand, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Libertanny, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Evrigenis, VW53Aland, Acronis, Dragons Blood, Greater New Cassandra, Brotherland, New Leganes, Quebec-and-Maritimes, The Three States of Fortuna, Oofery, Debluu, A mean old man, EHTYCSCYTHE, Modra, Tassirion, Lingu, Coruh, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, BTProductions, and Sunsistan.