The People's Republic of Free Atlantis is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Atlas with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.185 billion Atlanteans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 80.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Atlantean economy, worth a remarkable 1,089 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 151,624 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, and the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves. Crime is totally unknown. Free Atlantis's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Free Atlantis resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Republic of AmManies.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Healiopolis.
- : Free Atlantis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Free Atlantis endorsed The Kingdom of Zapiron.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Kingdom of Zapiron.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Empire of Capitista.
- : Free Atlantis was endorsed by The Republic of Chips and Guac.