The Republic of Etoilique is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Central Directorate with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.702 billion Etoilians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amorealis. The average income tax rate is 65.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Etoilian economy, worth 424 trillion Vars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 90,381 Vars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory updates on software drivers often bring life to a halt, the combined alert sound of a nation simultaneously receiving a text message is a common cause of hearing damage, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Etoilique's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Etoilique was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Etoilique's influence in Groland rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Etoilique was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Etoilique endorsed The Republic of Taumin.
- : Etoilique endorsed The Corpocracy of Pepsi colaa.
- : Etoilique endorsed The People's Republic of France Communiste.
- : Etoilique was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Etoilique was endorsed by The Republic of Taumin.
- : Etoilique was endorsed by The Corpocracy of Pepsi colaa.
- : Etoilique was endorsed by The People's Republic of France Communiste.