|Leader||Executive Officer Lanáltiran Enguer'ad|
The Párnalen-Ístmenid of Escalan Corps-Star Island is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Executive Officer Lanáltiran Enguer'ad with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.113 billion Isladestelidni hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teniana. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Isladestelid economy, worth a remarkable 8,033 trillion disékatads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 443,528 disékatads, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cholera is seen as the holiest of diseases, Calvinball players are lost for days as they wander the vast halls of their new academies, kids are told they can be whoever they want to be when they grow up, and more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Escalan Corps-Star Island's national animal is the yralken, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Kamsákisad.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Escalan Corps-Star Island, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 5% for Most Stationary and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island's influence in Ordis fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island's influence in Ordis rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Deruuu".
- : Escalan Corps-Star Island was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments and the Top 5% for Highest Drug Use.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Nerotysia.