The Allied States of Eravon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Administrator with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.09 billion Eravonians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Impenetrable. The average income tax rate is 20.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Eravonian economy, worth 138 trillion Edons a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 66,131 Edons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, news headlines usually include p-values, the revelation that people were sexist in the past is apparently front page news, and blasphemers and government critics often die in very unusual and unlikely accidents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Eravon's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eravon lodged a message on the Karma Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, blasphemers and government critics often die in very unusual and unlikely accidents.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, the revelation that people were sexist in the past is apparently front page news.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, news headlines usually include p-values.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, concert halls sport signs proclaiming "No Shorts, Sandals or Swastikas".
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, the Forestry Department has decided you really can't fight fire with fire.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, every fourth child is born with flippers instead of hands.
- : Following new legislation in Eravon, the Twelve Steps To Logging Off is the most popular mobile download.
Endorsements Received: 56 » New Excalibus, Kayestha, The Moroccan Kingdom, Takura, Suomalainem, Reveil, Mattielandia, Beansburrow, Lecoth, Republic of Markano, Kryska, Jinpyeong, Laniron, -Terraformed Mars-, Tatkovina, Creevania, Ecstatic Science, Kinkylia, Nova Vandalia, New Lablerith, Paragonisa, Hellenic Democrats, Sol Vehnka, Scunt, Maximalist, Arcana Anarchy, Rathanur, Tambreland, Nyedornia, The Litterbox, Emililandia, The Dragonic States of Utopia, Netritia, Adrinashouni, Himmelsdorff, Erroria, The Orion Star System, NewForestia, Ghad, Voralis, The Tartar Republic, Meowistan, Boston Harbor, Independant Islands, Levont, Very Sad Log, Laudistan, Wawawewa, Amaril, The Grand Arabian Islands, and 6 others.Raw Snax, Takh Avros, Robo Communism, United Calanworie, Tezikstan, and Vilverin.