The Corporate Community of Egoistic Markets is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Council with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, digital currency, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.418 billion Egoists live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, with Administration and Education also on the agenda, while Law & Order and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Market Center. The average income tax rate is 3.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Egoistic economy, worth 198 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 139,936 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, the only place where one can see the Egoistic cherry tree is in a museum, and patriotic citizens simply tend to applaud rather than sing the nation's praises. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Egoistic Markets's national animal is the Krab, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Egoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Egoistic Markets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Egoistic Markets was endorsed by The Confederacy of Woogus.
- : Egoistic Markets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, patriotic citizens simply tend to applaud rather than sing the nation's praises.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, the only place where one can see the Egoistic cherry tree is in a museum.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Egoistic Markets endorsed The Anarcho-Capitalist Community of Mpia.
- : Egoistic Markets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Egoistic Markets voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Epidemic Investigation Act".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Octal, Snorlaxia, Republica JIM, Luciferio, Aelhaeran, Kaputer, Zenzibar, Hellbardia, Sheepcote, UNDelegate, Scientia Major, Arbonium, Edison Culver, Darren j, Squirm Worm, Mr moneymachine, Aloongia, The Strasbourg, Bel Cairo, Neo-Spanish Empire, FASTERCAT, and Woogus.