|Leader||Evil Overlord Extella Morgaine|
The Foreboding Tyranny of Dark Edgyness is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Evil Overlord Extella Morgaine with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.455 billion Edgelords are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glitch City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Dark Edgynessian economy, worth a remarkable 3,582 trillion souls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 287,638 souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political dissidents are cut off from essential services, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof, books are so highly regarded in Dark Edgyness that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, and crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dark Edgyness's national animal is the defective bioweapon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Justice.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dark Edgyness was endorsed by The Republic of Bruhland.
- : Dark Edgyness was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Dark Edgyness was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Dark Edgyness was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Dark Edgyness was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Dark Edgyness, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Dark Edgyness, books are so highly regarded in Dark Edgyness that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Following new legislation in Dark Edgyness, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Dark Edgyness voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Dark Edgyness voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Poulton-with-Fearnhead, West Wirral, Pirataria, Mancheseva City, Le Libertia, Raghallaigh, Caffeinated, Arvigiel, Eloscape, The Lost Men, Poquaoi, Tital Mania, Polgaria, Geektopia, Greatnessity City, Brickfield, Kingdom of Stargard, The Zombay, Deliber, Akeland, Paulotzia, United-Marrshmallows, Almendron, Estingberg, Ganud, Turpotia, Cato2, Astrellan, Gemeinschaftsland, Land of Bobtopia, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, PoopFartings, Koroniti, Cutias, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Freeeee, Zecklandia, Unidoria, The Militarist States of America, Skyhawk Clan, Dead Warrior Daddy, South Parter, Ludovicia, Enuroland, Thice Frostalt, Acapais, Murden, Kurvix, Stefoland, and 18 others.Turks and Francs, Kiatland, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Nilao, Aevana, Prov, Pland Adanna, Votokia, Penlopa, Northeastern Italian, Purple Ruthenia, Primorye Oblast, Malevos, Baobab-Bumbaria, Dat Countreh, Korektonon, and Bruhland.