|Capital||Trout Storage Facility|
The Troutocracy of Chatula is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Trout God with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, enslaved workforce, and exploding hoverboards. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.478 billion Chatulim are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Environment, Law & Order, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Education and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trout Storage Facility. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 52.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Chatuli economy, worth 290 trillion trout a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Trout Farming, Retail, Basket Weaving, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 117,207 trout, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,057,782 per year while the poor average 1,579, a ratio of 669 to 1.
The government props up questionable pizza establishments in the name of health, Trout God signs the laws but abides by none of them, families are only permitted to have one child, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Chatula's national animal is the trout, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is trout.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chatula changed its national demonym to "Chatuli", its demonym adjective to "Chatuli", and its demonym plural to "Chatulim".
- : Chatula changed its national demonym plural to "Chatula'im".
- : Chatula changed its national demonym to "Chatulai", its demonym adjective to "Chatulai", and its demonym plural to "Chatulai".
- : Chatula rejected a request from Lewisham for an embassy with Refugia.
- : Following new legislation in Chatula, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Chatula, families are only permitted to have one child.
- : Following new legislation in Chatula, Trout God signs the laws but abides by none of them.
- : Following new legislation in Chatula, the government props up questionable pizza establishments in the name of health.
- : Following new legislation in Chatula, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities.
- : Chatula was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.