The United Kingdom of Canes-Visela is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, ubiquitous missile silos, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 317 million Canesian-Viselans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canesiela. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.1%.
The powerhouse Canes-Viselan economy, worth 28.4 trillion Valutas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,644 Valutas, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
Abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, statue-sitting has replaced the stake-out as the dullest form of police duty, a generation of children conceived in hell and born in strife is growing up inside government-run care villages, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Canes-Visela's national animal is the Accentor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Canes-Visela, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Canes-Visela withdrew its endorsement from The Free Land of Sussy baka world.
- : Canes-Visela endorsed The Free Land of Sussy baka world.
- : Following new legislation in Canes-Visela, a generation of children conceived in hell and born in strife is growing up inside government-run care villages.
- : Canes-Visela was endorsed by The Federation of Ausvelt.
- : Canes-Visela endorsed The Federal Empire of Chioganah.
- : Canes-Visela endorsed The Commonwealth of Chronus.
- : Canes-Visela voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Canes-Visela, statue-sitting has replaced the stake-out as the dullest form of police duty.
- : Following new legislation in Canes-Visela, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
Endorsements Received: 72 » North of Americas, Berlin and Hanover, Eco-Paris Reformation, Rary, Gorzi, Meropis, Northern German Federation, Dabarastan, Elisabethshagen, Kalebo, Nuweland, Invernessia, Thracia Republic, Lodhs beard, Eppur, Thracia and Crimea, Imperium Anglorum, Kanokla, The Champions League, Yahlia, Jim the Baptist, Syleania, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Irminsulia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Zelenskraine, Ostroban, Walfo, Corsoaua, GanymedEuropa, Diets, Anglinia, United States of Russia1, Quentenia, St Scarlett, Burvenchkaht, Super Happy Land, Regnum Italiae, Ostermarch, Falvaard, Kaspinia, Grussland, Dark Matter, Christian Terra, Noristoniaka, Russkaya Svoboda, Nghymru, Ayslend, Apabeossie, Europe a Nation, and 22 others.Nyvunnland, Nardin, Gliesetonia, Galway-Dublin, Wombelland, Europaterre, Brijska Drzava, The New Dawn Imperium, Agausia, Hidden Springs, The New Palaces, Greater Morvonia, Farrfin, Superior Saxonia, Angvar, Jahass, Zipser, Phinelia, Polis Ortigia, Chioganah, Chronus, and Ausvelt.