The Province of Broabant is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Hertog Jan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, complete lack of prisons, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.698 billion Brabanders are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 's-Hertogenbosch. The average income tax rate is 92.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Brabantian economy, worth 127 trillion euros a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,356 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, passive-aggressive congratulations cards inform mums-to-be that their pregnancy is their greatest achievement in life, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Broabant's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Broabant endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Anglinia.
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, passive-aggressive congratulations cards inform mums-to-be that their pregnancy is their greatest achievement in life.
- : Broabant was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Anglinia.
- : Broabant endorsed The Federal Republic of Burvenchkaht.
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Broabant was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Burvenchkaht.
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, fruit pickers with degrees in lion psychology are a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Broabant, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Mynox, Meropis, Eco-Paris Reformation, The Champions League, Invernessia, Yahlia, St Scarlett, Leszno, Thracia and Crimea, Irminsulia, North of Americas, Eppur, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Walfo, Kanokla, Northern German Federation, Zulrich, Nardin, Apabeossie, South St Maarten, Greater Icelandia, GanymedEuropa, Tschechisches Reich, Elisabethshagen, Jim the Baptist, Dark Matter, Soclania, Warzakie, The New Nordic Union, The Scandinavian Realm, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Vale-Beacon, Diets, Galway-Dublin, Someseni, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, Weltbeherrschung, Maritzal, Koenskyte, Allortators, Super Happy Land, Gliesetonia, Monkistan, Brakanistan, Imperium Anglorum, Ombran, Old World Order, Chioganah, and 44 others.An Clar, Schiltia, The Federal States of Ezasao, Armbruster, Girvage, Valtrona, Wombelland, Trixeland, Alsted, The New Mexican Confederation, Mombourg, Berlin and Hanover, Dunsteen, Ausvelt, Ottterland, Othenhiem, Pilipinas and Malaya, Europe a Nation, Rary, Dervenland, Dabarastan, Heplon, Gorzi, Caescadia, Noristoniaka, New Ylicia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, United States of Russia1, Konewa, Christian Terra, Corsoaua, Corsovica, Zelenskraine, Gotho, Kalebo, ROBLOX is Epic, Nghymru, Kaspinia, Yazakhvanian Empire, Greater Morvonia, Agausia, Nyvunnland, Burvenchkaht, and Anglinia.