The Republic of Brazileand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by João with an iron fist, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.184 billion Brazilians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brasília. The average income tax rate is 59.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Brazileandian economy, worth 76.3 trillion Reais a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 64,440 Reais, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison walls have had to be modified to keep parkour-trained criminals from escaping, politicians are often referred to as thesauruses behind their backs, oddly patriotic flash mobs spontaneously sing the national anthem, and untold millions of Reais are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brazileand's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brazileand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Brazileand was endorsed by The Colony of Itdepends.
- : Brazileand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Brazileand was endorsed by The Republic of Cadenzana.
- : Brazileand was endorsed by The Federated Kingdoms of St Leone.
- : Brazileand was endorsed by The Free Land of Aeonelovia.
- : Brazileand changed its national faith to "Catholic".
- : Following new legislation in Brazileand, untold millions of Reais are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme.
- : Following new legislation in Brazileand, oddly patriotic flash mobs spontaneously sing the national anthem.
- : Brazileand was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
Endorsements Received: 57 » Duneraven, Floofybit, Sylh Alanor, Liphia, Tiralta, Narwhal, Vikoland, Typica, Inaros OPA, Melenavenia, Tovenia, Araine, Remnants of the Pacific, Nekhuser-Ra, Fel Vudos, Pangeodrea, The Star Enpire, Aephony, Junitaki-cho, Golden gateway, Far Anoglinlan, Mystyn, Crialdenna, Michelland, Polushia, New Pi-Ramesses, Axolotlta, Nottinghaven, Haibaria, Adawu, Denimz, New Filippe, Aumbura, Yondoria, Froler, Ladita, Porthosia, Ecologiania, Nangka, Michis, Caretakers and Clockwatchers, Kaltea, The Pacific Northwest, Portmanteau, Jacobs, Salzar, Sinya Arda, Lassistan, Rosadeu, Uitmuntendheid, and 7 others.Tralfamdore, Jazur, Istastioner, Parvesha, St Leone, Cadenzana, and Itdepends.