The Grand Duchy of Bongo Mountain is a large, safe nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 80 million Bongolese are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 61.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Bongo Mountainian economy, worth 2.22 trillion deniers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 27,811 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, superfoods are often seen as supervillains, coastal cities are being moved a dozen miles inland to reduce flooding risk, and the mentally ill are given high powered automatic weapons for "catharsis therapy". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bongo Mountain's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bongo Mountain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Bongo Mountain was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Bongo Mountain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Bongo Mountain endorsed The Republic of AmManies.
- : Following new legislation in Bongo Mountain, the mentally ill are given high powered automatic weapons for "catharsis therapy".
- : Following new legislation in Bongo Mountain, coastal cities are being moved a dozen miles inland to reduce flooding risk.
- : Following new legislation in Bongo Mountain, superfoods are often seen as supervillains.
- : Following new legislation in Bongo Mountain, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Bongo Mountain, the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event.
- : Bongo Mountain was endorsed by The Republic of AmManies.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Bankowiata, Venicea, The Rhein States, Bearical, Orado, Capablanca, Sahriastan, Hardscrabble, Galbadiana, Hamerica, Shibutani, Wilkshire, Ellbonnia, Former English Colony, Corfad, Wineclaw, Arctic Kingdoms, WhoHateeta, Aerilia, The Mazur Empire, Lulubellia, Lionia, Noctis Clamor, Yaorozu, Illusia and Neverendia, Free Culture, Kragsgale, Socialist People of Redondo Mundo, Omnistria, New Lakemba, Ethnon, Drash Mannistan, Testnation223, Dreadton, Guer Aike, Great Bights Mum, Zzozona, Koda-Land, Cretox State, Harmonypine, Notyoutopia, Logovets, USSRITWILLWORK, North Bratislava, Francois Isidore, The Calabash Protectorate, Bharathvarsh, Svenskskit, Pallaith, Xagill, and 56 others.ForestMythal, Republica Guilleana, Dar es Saalam, Lucidian Republic, El Fiji Grande, Siwale, Outer Shenendoah, Territorio di Nessuno, ROM, Card Kingdom, Vesteysia, Selfgradatude, Loutsland, Kastonvia, The Blazeland Administration, Frances Francis the First of France, Tibus Heth, The Sinclarian Provinces, TheGame, Interdimensional Zone, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, Eri-Maqa-Ena, New Celoveniortan, Empy, Tringapore, Sikol, Simone Republic, Kranostav, Pazair, Que Lukustinardon, Tyirza, Xentherida, McMasterdonia, Sunto, Yellops, Malta Comino Gozo, Climeria, Morgul, Duryanistan, Paradeavenlisian States, Praeceps, Godwanna, Yokciq Empire, Votak Matim, Rising Sakura, Seanat, Sil Dorsett, Palgo, Blyskalia, United Soviet State of North Amerika, Dabarastan, Cam Zazi, Planes, AmManies, and The Pantheons.