|Leader||Isabella Lilith Mortacettem|
The Matriarchy of Blancemon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Isabella Lilith Mortacettem with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 1.348 billion Blancemonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mutaporis. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blancemonies economy, worth 212 trillion Ignises a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 157,495 Ignises, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trade ministers have to consult a fifty-page "sanctions spreadsheet" to determine which countries they are allowed to do business with, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn, and the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blancemon's national animal is the Hyena, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, trade ministers have to consult a fifty-page "sanctions spreadsheet" to determine which countries they are allowed to do business with.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, women have a strange proclivity for dressing up as caped weasels.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, the best spies are positively radiant after completing a big mission.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Blancemon, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Blancemonians.
Endorsements Received: 131 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Corgitopiaa, Yaravia, Ever Testing, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Nowa Europa, Holota, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Arscanesia, Amerion, Drystar, Achemar, Cucutenium, Beblahbleblo, Tsunamy, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Bharathvarsha, Rebel-topia, Andinla, Chernaya Zvezda, Makinius, PenguinPies, Jehenna, Walloonia, Erstavik, Bod Wareenaland, Mavenu, Ebonhand, Shefino, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, A Place Somewhere, Linguiniland, Uunited Islands, Farengeto, Aidenfieeld, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Kringalia, Aurcania, Sedunn, Venezia Pacifica, South Pernambuco, Albeville, Brazilian impero2, A Bombed-Out Crater, Novarian Republic, The New Dacians, and 81 others.Omalayia, Depressed Nation, Shoinkwishima, The Stolen Lands, Doraya, Malmsia, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, The Haughtherlands, Antarctic Empires, The Two Jerseys, Blondiesland, Leimarite Empire, Kremony, Froshar, Uvalor, Martiland, Shintoese, Curlyhoward, Ostavaria, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Goom Bay, Abarri, Skaladoria, Bonobiana, Kiasu-ism, Promised Islands, Jaznhujkel, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, A leftover country, The Solar System Scope, North Kanuckistan, Saint Roberts, Karimata, Hrupers, Venkara, East Papas Fritas, Myhomecountry, Isokenzar, The republic of Konsa, RestartAll, Ancient Slobovia, New Sanet, Bumblegaria, Great Lothian, Proctethia, Centristvill, Kepler-B, New American Dictatorship, Treir, Gracca, Calistan, Farelonia, Shadeth, Driodal, Taigama, Gennaretia, Rhetiaa, Zamkadishi, LadyRebels, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Nouvel Empire, Willing Mind, Dakalian, Evinea, MaPetiteFille, TescoPepsi, Altnavia, Sasha Banks, Los Rodeos, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Dirnenzeber, Lile Ulie Islands, Numano, Ipugao, Grentodintan, Stoinia, Desgar, BEEstreetz, and Arugan.