|Leader||Ođinnshrafn Khagan Numerian VI Drake|
The Endless Kakistocracy of Basementees is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Ođinnshrafn Khagan Numerian VI Drake with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 25.612 billion Thu'uls have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carthago Nova. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient K't Hu'ul economy, worth an astonishing 18,817 trillion Runcibles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 734,703 Runcibles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Basementees's national animal is the Ursine Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Nahuatl.
Basementees is ranked 313,464th in the world and 33rd in Pax Britannia for Most Rebellious Youth, scoring -130 on the Stark-Dean Displacement Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Basementees was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Basementees's influence in Pax Britannia fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Basementees's influence in Pax Britannia rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Basementees proposed constructing embassies between Pax Britannia and Sparkalia.
- : Basementees rejected a request from Odesa for an embassy with Pax Britannia.
- : Following new legislation in Basementees, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Basementees voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Borderzone Mining and Drilling".
- : Following new legislation in Basementees, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Basementees, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Basementees, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
Endorsements Received: 2 » Arrstotzka and Maplestan.