The Most Serene Commonwealth of Arbados Balarascia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, pith helmet sales, and national health service. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.794 billion Arbado-Balarascians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Alsace. The average income tax rate is 61.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Arbado-Balarascian economy, worth 449 trillion Arbado-Balarascian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 118,409 Arbado-Balarascian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations", many marriages go virtually unconsummated, the government is reining in public spending, and reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arbados Balarascia's national animal is the Phoenix Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians.
- : Arbados Balarascia endorsed The People's Republic of Liknovia.
- : Arbados Balarascia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Liknovia.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Arbados Balarascia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations".
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, going on a diet invalidates your passport.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, every noble family has a 'personal file' on record courtesy of the central intelligence service.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Old Mare, Karelianastan, Shamian, Marxmeans, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Bibliophilius, Lorthanien, Picuros, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Seungli, Feyrisshire, Bruzzundunga, Maogeji, Keltische, Floreznia, Mallissa, Brauengen, Proletariana, Kheltchistan, Councilist Communes, Soviet State of Covernant, Phallas, Socialist Republic of Tyrotrosk, South Merwervader Islands, Pangeaeae, Techno Socialystiche, The Bon Fa Islands, Wice, Sopielepit, East Shancia, Borealian Communes, Rohvenn, The Steephills, 104 Partisans, Yutopia, The Movion, Krestyana, People of atlantis, Arpol, Halsoni, Luwendr, Socialist Balkon, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, North Fluedan, Pogging Through The Pain, and 19 others.Comuny, The Transmanian Islands, Repolaa, Conarland, Socialist Heronia, 4D Donkeys, Flying-Penguins, Goshnia and Goshnigovina, Larger Green Plants, Trombossa, New Modriudor, Carrico, The Communist regime of Sovietchina, Jus Publicum Europaeum, RSSFR, Newlbania, FlyLands, Manchukurun, and Liknovia.