The Empire of Ansoku is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lotus with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.373 billion Ansoks are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tenno City. The average income tax rate is 69.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Ansokuan economy, worth 267 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 194,654 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars, sushi just hasn't been the same since salmon went extinct overnight, and government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ansoku's national animal is the Kavat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Wizardology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ansoku was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Ansoku lodged a message on the Lands End Regional Message Board.
- : Ansoku voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, sushi just hasn't been the same since salmon went extinct overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms.
- : Following new legislation in Ansoku, expectant parents view twins with equal parts joy and suspicion.
- : Ansoku was endorsed by The Dominion of Siluvia.
- : Ansoku was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Libereausia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Bonnie Blue Republic, Ruwan Islands, Antarctican Immagrants, Nadal Mobianordia, TESDAI, Chocolatistan, Jizue Isles, Deims Kir, Authoritism, Lippeland, Artevenia, Khezite Mandali, Ha Tsan, Canasius, Thaltopia, Hazbin demons, Pyatingrad, Rixurian Conglomerate, South-Central Rhodesia, Neo URSS, Schabinur, Yemeria, FrendLEEistan, Peacockastan, Stutzist, Kathricore, Greater Drenthe, Hansa Federation, Disnk, Nordhpadhan, Arstotskiano, Tarradal, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Raffleston, Mabufudyne, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Singhapala Bisaya, Earthern Alliance, 3 Islands Of The East Pacific, Ofrus, New Tussia, Zwadda, Pantsville, Sacara, The Federation of Spokane, Bicala, J Class, Ichirokuhachi, Allor II, Hollip, and 24 others.Ussko, Rosmoss, Nova Trento, Dolplandia, Roughst, Tillaania, SinLandia666, Dwebsatiania, New Trussia, New Slovakastan, Micalandia, Sonderbourg, Normianm Empire, Kingdom of New Italy, VoidborneEmpire, Senar, The Tribia, Quebecois Anem, Islan Reican, Kenaston, Nighter, LaSenpo, Libereausia, and Siluvia.