The Republic of Ancido is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 186 million Ancidons enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 21.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ancidon economy, worth 8.22 trillion Silvers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 44,201 Silvers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Costumed characters wearing Maxtopian Grass leaves remind citizens that the government now sells the green stuff, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, a government program is underway to revitalize Ancido's beaches, and Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancido's national animal is the Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Allied States of Eravon.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Republic of Jungian.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Happy Not Oppressed People of IB Larioth.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Pataphysical Mothman of Nova Vandalia.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The People's Republic of Rathanur.
- : Ancido was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Rengime of Malachor XII.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Totally Not A Nerd of United Calanworie.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Holy nation of Lys Deks Rahry.
- : Ancido was endorsed by The Joyless Shopping Malls of Erroria.
Endorsements Received: 24 » You Should See Me in a Crown, Kayestha, Takura, The Litterbox, Laniron, Bitty Kitty, Maximalist, Adrinashouni, Takh Avros, Tezikstan, Arcana Anarchy, Jonewestia, Levont, The Sunflower Fields, Armah Leo, Erroria, Lys Deks Rahry, United Calanworie, Malachor XII, Rathanur, Nova Vandalia, IB Larioth, Jungian, and Eravon.