The Queen's State of Alkeefer is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.396 billion Alkeeferians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Alkeeferian economy, worth 28.2 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,410 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's peacekeeping efforts usually comes with a healthy dose of pillaging, all guns must be registered, joggers are often arrested for breathing too heavily, and the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alkeefer's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, joggers are often arrested for breathing too heavily.
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, all guns must be registered.
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, the nation's peacekeeping efforts usually comes with a healthy dose of pillaging.
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Alkeefer changed its national leader to "the Governor".
- : Following new legislation in Alkeefer, The Governor has just been declared ruler of Alkeefer in an international press conference.
- : Alkeefer lodged a message on the Trainsylvinea Regional Message Board.
- : Alkeefer password-protected Trainsylvinea.
- : Alkeefer's influence in Trainsylvinea rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".