|Leader||Prime Minister Unenlagia|
The Transoceanic Republic of Aguaria Major is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Unenlagia with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, prohibition of alcohol, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.877 billion Aguarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aguarbanapolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Aguarian economy, worth a remarkable 2,732 trillion Inaguas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 307,804 Inaguas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, the government funds large training centres to turn Fiery-Throated Hummingbirds into functioning members of society, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, and throwing a sickie is a serious crime. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aguaria Major's national animal is the Fiery-Throated Hummingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aguaria Major voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Aguaria Major voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, throwing a sickie is a serious crime.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, the government funds large training centres to turn Fiery-Throated Hummingbirds into functioning members of society.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Aguaria Major, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : Aguaria Major was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 124 » Treadwellia, Aflana, Aigania, Margandy, Axixic, Nargorthia, Lazarene Ryccia, Cossack Peoples, Custadia, Surd, Leonism, The Federalist Unions, Marcellinople, Aaecilia, Courlany, The Salvation States, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Mzeusia, Steel Vagabonds, Arkanik, Port Flynt, Othan, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Almain, Sireco, Auralon, Manaric, Thetraxia, Caybow, Perchan, Mainze, The Sigometh Dynasty, The New California Republic, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Halliway, Snoodum, Bobs raider puppet, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Darcaethir, Russiane, Nova Zemlya, Northern Rosary Isles, Outlaw Conformity, Praenestia, Ireland Isles, Issrak-om, The Celestial Lands, Fissure Town, Shadowra, and 74 others.Emperor PJ, Wishper, The Islands of Colwell, Laporter, Astalen, TypoTech, Wilhelmsborough, Capercom, Skin Nation The Second, New Rogernomics, Kunigund, Dernel, Ioboriya, Baelju, Sveta Makreshanska Kraljevina, Navordia, Bravenewworld, Ashoy, Kamikaze89, Zadaria, New Canadian Military Junta, Tottoro, Domais, Zekrosz, Manica, Prodomina, Chonovia, Wolfana, Orange Slime, Torkar, Antolica, Amertheria, Darkium, Dyingador, Zinertia, Xracona, Denado, Yurp, Bukowina, Silver Minner, Ariannas, Pans Desta, Curlywurlyia, Riau Islands, Cullden, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Deciduslava, Rommanda, Kawaiidesh, Potted Plants United, Nord Gronland, Tradle Peloni, Demonos, Killer Kitty, Kubaroony, Sneyland, Debussy, Inceptio, PinkFloyd and The Beatles, Legendary Magus, Saint Islaskerzerblest, Honeydewistania, Kan Po, Allochthonis, Ladandtopia, Desvios, Conleth, Owans, Russioski, Aleckandor, Chyanide, Letnem, Sandbrook, and Bongrovia.