The Republic of Aavamaa is a huge, genial nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 287 million Aavamaaty are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Healthcare, and International Aid are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 22.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Aavamaatii economy, worth 12.2 trillion кюпонs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,529 кюпонs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, surveillance cameras are banned, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and the dartboard at the Aavamaatii Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face. Crime is totally unknown. Aavamaa's national animal is the Arctic hare, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aavamaa's influence in Wysteria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Aavamaa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Aavamaa's influence in Wysteria rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aavamaa's influence in Wysteria rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aavamaa's influence in Wysteria rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aavamaa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Most Politically Free.
- : Aavamaa's influence in Wysteria rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aavamaa changed its national motto to "Ваам аашинавйй мээтитон".
- : Aavamaa changed its national demonym to "Aavamaat", its demonym adjective to "Aavamaatii", and its demonym plural to "Aavamaaty".
- : Following new legislation in Aavamaa, the dartboard at the Aavamaatii Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face.